Sunday, October 24, 2010

2010

It's 2010 and this is my first post.  I really took a break from blogging due to the fact that most of you have added Facebook.  Facebook is something that I check a little bit more than this blog.  I would like to get back to blogging though!  2010 is almost over and it's been a busy year.  This is my first full year of living in Bakersfield!  I moved to California on June 1st, 2008 ( just a couple hours afer my wedding!) and moved to Sequoia National Park and lived there until October.  Then I stayed in Bakersfield until May of 2009, moved to Tulare and worked for Sequoia National Park again until November.  I have been here in Bakersfield ever since!  Luckily I accepted a seasonal job at the Bureau of Land Management here in Bakersfield.  I am very happy that I am finally able to live (and work) with Brian.  It has really made us a lot happier.  We got married a couple years ago because we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together.  With working in two different parts of California, it made it very hard to spend our lives together!!  In case you didn't know, California is a really big state!  I will be working for a little bit longer in Bakersfield while Brian leaves this week for El Centro, CA again.  He is working there as a medic at the Imperial Sand Dunes.  He has been working every holiday (not during fire season) since we moved here.  He really enjoys it.  This year will be a little different however.  Instead of going for a couple days over Halloween, he will be staying until a couple days after Thanksgiving.  This is going to be tough.  I was looking forward to spending more time together now that the fire season is "over".  I haven't been on a fire in over a month.  The temperatures are dropping and rain has returned to the San Joaquin Valley.  We moved into our very first house in April and it still feels like we haven't unpacked.  My goal is to unpack and try to get organized. 

Well, I feel I've rambled enough for one evening.  Time to spend a little time with Brian and get some sleep before work!  Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

California Travel Blog said...

Just saw this blog today. Looks pretty good especially the style of writing. Thanks