Thursday, February 5, 2009

News!

Hello everyone! So I know it's been over a month since I posted! My bad! I hope you all are not too upset with me. Just wanted to let you know what we have been up to in the past month! Brian has been busy moving his fire department to a new station! He is still working with the BLM in Bakersfield, just a new station. It is located in Taft, Ca however. So just a little bit more of a commute to work. He has been very excited because his station need all new furniture and appliances. He's been busy shopping for his department. They are completely moved over so now they are just getting everything organized and decorated. Brian will also be heading down to Yuma, AZ over President's Day weekend. This will most likely be the last time he goes down to the Sand Dunes until Halloween. Brian has been going down to El Centro, Ca and working on the Northern Glamis Sand Dunes as a Paramedic. This upcoming trip will be on the Southern dunes and will be closer to Yuma, AZ this time. He is getting pretty excited.
After Brian comes back from the Dunes he'll have a little time to relax. Then it will be off to L.A. He has to go to his paramedic refresher at UCLA. I'll be going with him for that trip. So it looks like February will be over before we know it!

I will also be going to training this month! The second week of February I'll be taking a fire class. I will have to drive 8 hours north to Susanville, Ca. I am very excited to take this class. It is a class for Public Information Officers. Another great thing about it is that I don't have to pay for it! I am getting all my travel and lodging paid for by Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park. I applied for a Fire Prevention Tech. If I get the job I would be working as a Public Information Officer (PIO). I would also be informing the public about fire safety and prevention. I would be working with homeowners that live in the park and help them with living in the wildland urban interface. I will hopefully be getting a phone call from the park soon! I'd like to know if I have a job! I feel pretty good about it though if they are willing to pay for my additional training. I'll keep you all posted.

In other news.....The Stelzig's are coming! That's right my mom and dad are flying in to visit us this March. We are very excited! This will be the first time my Mom will visit us in California. Meghan and my Dad drove out here right after the wedding to bring a lot of our stuff out here. Before we know it March will be here and so will my parents! I can't believe that it is February! I also believe that this short month will go by so fast. I leave Bakerfield this Sunday and Brian leaves on Wednesday. When we get back from you trips, we'll head to Tulare for the weekend to visit Brian's parents. Then off to L.A.! What a month! I have a feeling that from this month on, the year will fly by. Fire season will start up in March and go through October. If it's a busy season then I probably won't be seeing Brian much at all! Also, if I get the Fire Prevention Tech. job at Sequoia National Park, I will start that in early May. I think 2009 will be a busy but event filled year! We can't wait!

Ok, so now you're all updated! Gotta run and get the apartment clean up! Take care everyone!

No comments: